Screen Time and Healthy Vision
80% of adults use digital devices for more than two hours every day! Learn how to keep your vision sharp despite increased screen time with these tips.
What is Eye Strain?
Eye strain is extreme eye fatigue that can come from overuse of your eyes. Too much screen time can cause eye strain which may worsen vision over time. Eye strain can also cause headaches/migraines and other physical symptoms.
How to Avoid Digital Eye Strain
- Use the 20/20/20 Rule. For every 20 minutes you spend looking at a screen, look away for 20 seconds to focus on something 20 feet away.
- Use artificial tears or another lubricant eye drop to relieve symptoms of dry eye that may occur from screen usage.
- If you suffer from screen glare on your laptop or phone, try dimming overhead lighting to decrease this glare.
- Keep your eyes an arm length away from the screen you are using.
- Increase text size on the screen to decrease the eyestrain that may occur due to small text.
- Limit your screen time as much as possible to keep your eyes healthy!
To learn more about your vision options, attend our FREE Online Vision Seminar Tuesdays at 6:45 p.m. CST. RSVP now!