Q: I have macular degeneration, can you help me at WVI?

A: It depends.

-        If you already have had cataract surgery, then, we need to refer you to a retinal specialist;

-        If you have NOT had cataract surgery yet, then, you can come to WVI, for an evaluation for cataract surgery, since though there is currently still no way to fix the retina in AMD, removing the cataract in such pts can help indeed improve the eyesight, at least to certain extent. It is better than nothing!