|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude);
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Home||Print This Page|
Reconstructive Eye Surgery in Nashville, TN
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Patients come from around the world to see Dr. Wang. Dr. Wang performs corneal stem cell transplants using tissue from an adult donor, and an amniotic membrane transplant with tissue from the amniotic sac.
"I describe this technique as tapping into the fountain of youth. You take advantage of the youthful healing ability. An unborn child has scarless fetal healing. We use a piece of tissue, in this case amniotic membrane, and transplant it into the adult eye to aid in healing after surgery," said Dr. Wang.
An amniotic membrane decreases apoptosis (programmed cell death), inflammation, vascularization and other excessive wound-healing responses, which leads to more organized healing and less scarring. Dr. Wang has used this same technology to develop an amniotic membrane contact lens. It can be used shortly after cornea trauma to prevent scarring. As the principle researcher, his US patent and research on the amniotic contact lens has resulted in the establishment of EyeVU, a biotech company that he co-founded with Vanderbilt in 2002, and the successful development of the world's first amniotic contact lens which may revolutionize care for patients with corneal injury worldwide.
If you're interested in reconstructive eye surgery, choose experience and technology. Choose Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center of Nashville, Tennessee. Call or email us today.
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.