|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude);
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Home||Print This Page|
News and Events
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
- Dr. Wang will perform middle Tennessee’s second new artificial cornea Boston-K surgery to restore sight of John Swain, who has been blind for 3 years.
Click here to read more...
- Wang Vision is launching an e-newsletter service, which includes monthly specials on products and services, as well as information on the latest advancements in vision and skin care, announcements about our centers and procedure savings. To subscribe, please click here...
- Wang Vision is using Twitter. Twitter is a free service that lets you keep in touch with people through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing? Click here to Join today to start receiving Wang Vision's updates.
- EyeBall 2009, the 5th annual fundraising gala of the Wang Foundation for Sight Restoration (www.wangfoundation.com), will take place on Saturday, 10/3/09 at 5:30pm at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN. Last year, nearly 500 guests with black ties and ball gowns attended and enjoyed a spetacular show by the world salsa champions! Wang Foundation is a 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free of charge.
- Dr. Wang gave a presentation about business opportunities in healthcare in the US and China at the 8th educational forum of the Tennessee Chinese Chamber of Commerce. Read more..
- 5/15-5/25/09, Dr. Wang will be in China, in his Aier Eye Hospitals, teaching, doing surgeries and taking care of charity pateints. Read more...
- (Nashville, TN, April 14, 2009) Brian Weist, a 35-year-old man from Mt. Juliet, suffered an electrical shock to his left eye which left him with a traumatic, blinding cataract in that eye. Brian had sought help from many doctors and medical centers. However, due to his young age, traditional lens implantation after cataract surgery is not suitable for him, since it would debilitate Brian’s up-close reading vision which he needs for his job and livelihood. Read more ...
- Dr. Wang was invited to attend the annual meeting of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons in San Francisco, CA (4/4/09-4/8/09), and will be teaching a major course on corneal topography ("Advanced Corneal Topography for Refractive Surgeons"), as well as presenting an invited paper--"Clinical Entities that Masquerade Forme Fruste Keratoconus”.
- Dr. Wang announced today that he will be publishing his new textbook, Keratoconus and Keratoectasia - Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment, in mid-2009. This will be the first major textbook that summarizes all the major advances in the diagnosis and treatment of these two increasingly significant eye diseases, which are due to the increasing number of LASIK procedures performed. For details, Click here
- Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center is in the process of introducing the next generation cataract surgery technology—the Forever Young Lens™ surgery. This new technology will use the recently FDA-approved Tecnis lens which will enable our patients to be able to have up-close reading vision AND see at a distance. Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center has already begun seeing and evaluating patients for this new surgery. Click to learn more about "Forever Young Lens™ Cataract Surgery".
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.