|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude);
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Article Library||Print This Page|
Laser Eye Surgery
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Femtosecond Technology: Is Now the Time to Buy?
A decision to purchase femtosecond technology has to be based on an assessment of the technology, clinical outcomes, and the economic impacts of bladeless technology on the practice. The Bottom Line
Indications are that the femtosecond laser offers greatly superior flap thickness predictability, reduced intraoperative flap complications, and a lower enhancement rate. The more controlled corneal architecture possible with the femtosecond laser may make it the platform of choice for emerging higher order aberration treatment technologies. With regard to economics, one should base the decision to acquire this technology on two conservative assumptions: 1) it probably won't significantly increase surgical volume; and 2) you have to be a leader in your market to be able to charge the premium prices to pay for this technology.
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.