|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude);
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Article Library||Print This Page|
Keratoconus - Cornea Replacement
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Eye surgery history made
May 24, 2004
By M.B. Owens, email@example.com
In another breakthrough procedure for Nashville, Dr. Ming Wang of the Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, performed on Thursday the first surgery of its type in Tennessee to correct the eye condition called keratoconus on a 45-year old man. Keratoconus is the most common condition that uses cornea replacement as the primary treatment. The condition is a genetic corneal disease in which the cornea is weakened and bulges forward into a cone shape causing a progressive loss of vision.
The new procedure uses Intacs, which are intracorneal ring segments placed in the cornea to hold it up and increase its strength.
The Food and Drug Administration approved the procedure earlier this year.
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.