|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude);
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Home||Print This Page|
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
|To see a video stories of Matthew Higgins, who received amniotic membrane transplant and has his sight restored after a decade, click here||To see two videos of Wade Cook, a North Carolina man who was blind with aniridia and underwent amniotic membrean and stem cell transplantation and had his sight restored, click here|
|To view a video of the story of Thomas Brewington, one of the first patients in the world to receive amniotic membrane and stem cell graft, whose sight was restored after 10 years, click here.|
What is amniotic membrane transplantation?
An amniotic membrane is harvested from placental tissue. This membrane is used to reconstruct the surface of the eye. Amniotic membrane transplantation is used to heal various eye surface disorders or injuries.
How long does the amniotic membrane transplantation procedure take?
The entire procedure takes just over an hour.
How long is the healing process after amniotic membrane transplantation?
Following amniotic membrane transplantation, the membrane is sutured down or glued in place using fibrin glue. This will fully heal in 4 to 6 weeks.
If you're interested in finding out more about amniotic membrane transplantation (AMT), choose experience and technology. Choose Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center of Nashville, Tennessee. Call or email us today.
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.