|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude);
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Home||Print This Page|
Aier-USA: a model for Sino-U.S. healthcare and economic cooperation
Wang Vision 3D Cataract & LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
The 2017’s entrance into the U.S. market, of Aier Eye Hospital, the largest private eye hospital group in China (which holds 10% of the entire China’s eye care market today), is a leading example of China’s major companies’ entrance into the U.S. market. Dr. Ming Wang, MD, PhD., the newly appointed CEO of Aier’s entire U.S. operation, Aier-USA, will talk about this exciting new and historical project, which will not only provide patients with more access to eye care, but also help reverse the U.S. job loss by creating more jobs here.
|Aier 141 CEOs and Aier leaders in the tip of Y Mr Chen Dr Wang|
This is a story, of 15-year effort, tenacious and persistent effort, by one American (and an immigrant!), to help America – his adopted country!
We want to get jobs back to the American soil, with regard to a country like China, and that, can be done in one of two ways:
1. Selling more American goods to China. We buy so much from China today (annual trade deficit with China is $366 billion, 2/3 of U.S.’ entire world trade deficit!), and as a consequence, we have lost so many American manufacturing jobs to China! However, selling more goods to China is challenging due to the difference in labor cost.
2. Reverse the U.S. job loss by creating jobs here in America, with the investment and support of foreign countries such as China.
|Dr Wang presented at Aier-whole auditorium scene|
For the past 15 years, Dr. Wang has invested and supported Aier Eye Hospital in China, and has contributed in building it into now the world’s largest private eye hospital group, with 154 eye hospitals throughout China (holding 10% of China’s eye care market today).
|Dr Wang present the state first SMILE at Aier national conference with 141 CEOs attending|
It has taken Dr. Wang 15 years, but finally recently he has been able to convince his Aier partners in China, to come to U.S. and invest in America’s healthcare!
Just like Nissan, Aier-USA will be headquartered here in Nashville, and then it will build many centers throughout U.S. It will not only provide American patients with more access to eye care, but alsoreverse our job loss to China by creating jobs here in America!
- "Dr. Ming Wang Encourages Vanderbilt Students To Learn About And Invest In China", by Wendy Wilson, Tennesseestar.com, April 14, 2017.
- "Seeing an Opportunity - Dr. Ming Wang Looks to Expand Aier Eye Hospitals to U.S.", by Cindy Sanders, Nashville Medical News, March 2017.
- "Creating Jobs for America", Health & Wellness (Middle Tennessee), March 2017.
- "Dr. Ming Wang to lead Chinese eye hospital chain's U.S. expansion", Tennessean article by Lizzy Alfs, Feb 10, 2017.
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.